random picture

10 March 2007

the family came down

my mother and father came to lincoln this afternoon. they were in omaha for a st patty's day parade that my sister was in and when that was finished, they came to see me. my grandmother came, too. i love my grandmother so much. it was very good that jonathan got the chance to meet them.

my parents are usually "in and out" kind of people. they don't open up much and aren't extremely conversational. jonathan and i managed to convince them to stay. they were here for a little over an hour i'd say. we talked about so many things! as my grandmother was leaving, she said that jonathan and i must come to columbus and hang out sometime. i'm really looking forward to that.

now it's back to bed to get much needed rest. the back is healing up, slowly, but surely. and i'm so glad. none of the crud in my nose wants to come out and there is pressure in my sinuses. i think the little bacteria guys have moved south for i now have a cough. i don't have much strength and that's probably the hardest thing for me to deal with. i want to be active and moving. but i need to be still and rest. i'll see everyone on the morrow at late service. cheers . . ..

No comments: