random picture

03 March 2007

are girlscout cookies made by real girlscouts?

so here i am. eating girlscout cookies. and drinking coffee. listening to music. the peanut butter sandwiches are my favorite. oh so good! the thin mints are probably second best then. they're not as good as they were when i was a kid.

remember that time at megan and heather's when the little girl came to the door selling girlscout cookies? that was really funny. she came in and stood there for a while as we all impulsely decided to buy which cookies. she probably had no idea this is how it would play out when she rang the doorbell. there were a lot of cool people over at the house that night. good memories.

don't take my girlscout cookies. i'll chase you down. (: cheers . . ..

3 comments:

Jay said...

I do remember, and it was sweet... the girl was thinking, "I'll just ring this doorbell, even though I'm sure they don't want any... and then she walks away with 12 boxes sold. Good day for that girlscout.

Anonymous said...

I remember this event: It was a potluck after church one Sunday last year that our house hosted. There were at least 15-20 people over and to be exact we ordered 18 boxes! of cookies. I remember as I had to keep record of who ordered what and then deliver them when the little girl scout came back with boxes and boxes of cookies ;) Another important part of the story: when I had to go outside to her parents waiting in the car and explain that their little girl scout had hit the jackpot and this was going to take awhile and make sure it was okay she came inside!

scottieb said...

wow! there were that many people? i remember your house being PACKED. i'm sure that little girl will be telling people about this story for years to come.