random picture

20 April 2007

this blog's for you grandma

my grandmother is awesome! i spent a lot of time with her when i was younger. didn't know it then, but now i am so thankful for it. grandma grew up on a farm, lived through the depression, taught in a one room school house, gardens, faithfully loved her husband, gives soooo graciously, and cooks some mean apple cinnamon roll pull apart thingies. :drool:

i admire my grandmother for seeing my ornery-ness and mischievousness and letting it play out when i was a little boy. i discovered a lot from it and am thankful grandma didn't shelter me. there's so much knowledge and experience i gained from it. she was there the whole time though. when i jammed the pitch fork into my calf (on two seperate occasions), got the bees mad enough to chase me and sting me seven times, and when i cut a good portion of my finger off, grandma was there. she was there with love, care, and that look in her eyes that said, "you're such a boy and so imaginative." she would have the look of sterness that she knew i'd get, and that it was all that was needed to understand what went wrong, but the whole time she'd be on the brink of laughing at the situation.

i love how grandma doesn't worry about many things. she's so darn confident that things will work out for the best. do you know what comfort there is in someone who trusts that things will be okay? it's calming, soothing, comfortable, soft, and safe. grandma has a tremendous faith in christ. i admire her trust.

grandma, i love you. cheers . . ..

No comments: