random picture

01 April 2007

angelic? powerful? both.

i went to an a cappella choir concert at concordia university today. HOLY COW! it was amazing. there were so many sounds filling the room at once! they were rising and falling and go from here to there. i felt like i was on a wild horse galluping and jumping up and down, then slowing down, prancing, speeding up faster and faster, up and down...sudden stop. stillness. then a sudden spring to action! wow! so fun!

there was such a fullness to the sound, such a power to it. oh! and the women singing! :swoon: it was absolutely angelic. there was brass, too. my favorite song (jesus loves me) was played. the last song was a hymn that everyone joined in on, the audience included. to quote megan, "that was the most triumphant thing i have ever heard". and it was. i am so glad i had a chance to experience it. cheers . . ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad our outing was post worthy! And I was even quoted ;) Oh and I figured out my car problem: I was out of anti-freeze. The guys at work helped me so I'm all set!