random picture

04 April 2007

no one says loving doesn't hurt

my good friend tiffiny called yesterday morning. she was talking about things she's doing, very active in her faith. i think of tiffiny and what the lord has done in her life and it warms my heart. it was impossible not to be smiling at that moment. (tiffiny, you've still left the best message EVER in the history of answer phone messages).

well, with the warmth in my heart i began to think about some of my friends. the ones who are like what i used to be like. that's when it started to hurt. i don't think you hurt as much as when you love. it reminded me of the second mural i ever spray painted (illegally). i did this one along the bike trail that runs under the hwy 77 overpass. sorry, i don't have pics.

the man whispered,
"god, speak to me."
and a meadowlark sang.

but the man did not hear.

the man yelled,
"god, speak to me!"
and the thunder rolled across the sky.

but the man did not listen.

the man looked around and said,
"god, let me see you."
and a star shined brightly.

but the man did not see.

and the man shouted,
"god, show me a miracle!"
and a life was born.

but the man did not notice.

so the man cried out in despair,
"touch me god and let me know you are here."

whereupon god reached down,
and touched the man.
but the man brushed the butterfly away
and walked on.

i've always said "love is caring more for their needs than my wants." but when you do that, when you want the best for someone, or hope for something better, you risk pain. you risk hurting. but it's a good kind of hurt. the kind that draws even more love. but it's still hurt and that makes loving tough. perhaps that's why so many choose not to love. they want the amount of hurt in their lives to be zero. hmmm... i'm going to think about that. cheers . . ..

No comments: