random picture

24 January 2008

trying to help

my younger brother is pretty negative generally. he's become increasingly more so as of late and this really worries me. his self image is poor, his self worth is non-existant, and he has no motivation. it doesn't help, either, that both parents are masterful at keeping him in such a state. it's sad. i believe he needs to get out from the sesspool of negativity and hardship known as the broxterman house. my mother and father won't change (though i wish so badly for them to) so benjamin has got to get out of there.

he has been texting me a lot since this past holiday season. most everything is saddening to read. and some of the things have down right scared the hell outta me. last night, though, there was a big breakthrough. around 4 in the morning he sent me a text. we got to texting and he asked for help in moving to lincoln. this was so encouraging! i ask that you please pray for benjamin, that he would be strong against the overwhelming negative air that he's surrounded by, that he would begin to see things positively, that he would hope, that he would see himself as valued by others, and for financial difficulty and discernment in dealing with my parents. god is being faithful to my brother! praise him! i'm so encouraged and excited now!

cheers!

No comments: