random picture

17 August 2007

overgrown

i love looking out of the front window of my apartment at the overgrown foliage growing in the drainage runoff canal thingie across the street. the sides of the drainage canal are too steep to be mowed and as such, the vegetation is out of control. it's awesome, so wild! i imagine millions of little critters call this vegetation forest their home. i think i like most how organic it is. and there exists a complete absence of human beings.

currently outside i see rain coming down. weeeee! i see, and hear, cars driving past. i imagine the drivers to be anxious to get home after a week of work. i'm excited the weekend is here as well. tomorrow, my family is swinging through lincoln to pick me up on their way to kansas. there is a family reunion (my father's side). i've not seen some of these family members in a long time. i won't even remember them. it means a lot to my father, so i told him i'd go. his family is not well connected. my family is not well connected. i see it in my father though, that he desires a connection. it's just interesting to me to be able to detect the desire in him, even if he may not know what it is.

the reunion is keeping me from being in stanton. there is a demolition derby and a dance tonight. it stinks missing out on things! but i look forward to what tomorrow will bring. cheers . . ..

No comments: