random picture

07 August 2007

my ho hum wardrobe

i don't have a lot of clothes. i guess i've never invested much money in them. as a kid, shopping for new clothes meant a trip to the goodwill or the sally army. and that was only if the hand-me-downs from my brother were in too bad a shape to be worn. i cannot tell you the last time i went to a real store and purchased clothing for myself.

so today i stand in front of my closet gazing at my ho hum wardrobe. there are only five shirts that i wear regularly. i must look like a cartoon character to some, always wearing the same thing. i do have some collared, button up shirts but they don't fit quite right and therefore aren't quick to be worn. along with having five shirt regulars, i have five pant regulars - two actual pairs of pants and three pairs of shorts that were once pants. all are dickies. dickies because they LAST. i do have three pairs of old-guy-grandpa plaid golfer pants. plaid is hands down my favorite! but one pair has too big a waist and no belt loops. another is just a wee too short. and the last has a hole in the knee. obviously, these three do not see much sunlight...unfortunately.

as i mature, i find myself giving more attention to the clothing i wear. and thus, in the near future, i foresee additions to the wardrobe. we'll see you. cheers . . ..

No comments: