random picture

27 August 2007

just what i needed

i left work early tonight to go to ben and crystal's house for a meal. megan and crystal had prepared some delicious food. there was some chicken (it just fell apart in my mouth! i could have gone with less spice, but remember, i'm a spice wuss and i'm glad i got to taste indian food that was more real to indian food and not catered to my wants), and there was some veggies (the zuchinni was the best part. unlike my roomie, i love zuchinni. and the veggies were very colorful. you have to have color in your food!), and there was non (it's the bread. so good). megan lund made brownies and i ate them with ice cream and then had a mint or two, or three, and some coffee.

the time there was so good! i left work feeling without energy. i debated going home and showering because i felt gross, but knew if i did go home, that i'd crash and would have called it quits for the day. so i lumbered up the stairs to the davy house. once around friends and smelling food, i began to feel the energy called life coming back to me. and now, with a full belly, a smile, an awesome breeze coming through the windows, and a nalgene full of water, i am sitting down to watch a documentary on ants. i checked it out from the library this afternoon.

good night all. have swell dreams. cheers . . ..

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! It was wonderfully amazing to have you there! I'm going to seriously miss you when I leave! Hope your documentary on ants was good - as much as I tease you, it actually sounds quite fascinating!!