random picture

24 April 2008

a little bump. hopefully not too costly.

on my way to omaha to catch the nebraska vs creighton baseball game, i bumped the car ahead of me. bumped, not hit. bumped. traffic was bumper to bumper and everyone was stopping and going and stopping and going. i stopped just a little too late and *ting* bumped the car before me. "ugh!" i thought. there was not even a scratch on the other car. no scuffed paint, either. just a hexagon-shaped hole from a screw which holds on my liscense plate.

i thought to myself tw things. one, "well there's hardly any damage at all. just fill in that hole, paint over it, and it's good to go." and two, "if they replace the entire bumper for this trivial little blemish, i may as well had took out the entire back end." i exchanged information with the driver of the car. he seemed pretty okay with things. his insurance card was outdated but he did say he had current insurance. though, he did ask if i would be willing to consider settling it mono y mono. i'd just like the quickest, easiest, cheapest way through this. i would really not like to have my insurance rates go up either.

i don't get in accidents and i am unsure of what to do. hopefully, things work out okay. any advice is surely appreciated though! here's some pics of the hole:

and i was only a block away from the stadium too!

cheers!

2 comments:

soulreavers said...

that sucks big bro. I definitely hope that the guy is cool about it. That happened to me once too, only I was driving a buddy's car; not even my own.

Anonymous said...

In case you still need advise...since this was not your fault you will not be held accountable. Therefore your rates will not go up. The other persons insurance should take care of all the expenses and not effect yours. I don't think your insurance company will even know about it. Why would they, the other person's ins. co. will be the ones notified and forced to pay not yours. So good luck in finding a good body shop. And it is possible that they will replace the whole bumper but it looks like a little Bondo, primer and paint will do the job.