random picture

09 April 2008

back in the saddle again

after work today, i stopped in the bike shop and picked up the seatpost i had ordered for my bike. i also got a new seat, too. i was sooooo excited to get home and bring my bike back to a rideable state again. i'll let you all in on why i was without a seatpost and seat. last fall, someone stole the seatpost, with seat, off my bike. i was very upset at having something of mine stolen, not being able to ride my bike, and because that seatpost was hard to find and expensive. as a rather tall person, a special seatpost is needed for me - one which is very long and strong enough to withstand the extra forces put on it. the stolen seatpost also had an inch and a half set back on it. this meant the seat could set further back. this was wonderful for me since it allowed for a more comfortable body position on the bike and thus, a nicer ride. the seatpost retailed for $120 and was hard to come by, from a great parts manufacturer out of canada. luckily, i was working at a bike shop at the time so it only cost me $60. unluckily though, they no longer manufacture that seatpost. grrr... so i purchased a thomson. it cost $75 and another $15 for a seat. i'll post pics tomorrow.

since my bicylce is whole again (and me as well!) and with nicer weather having arrived, it will be harder to find me at home, or at work, or even catch me on the phone. instead, i will be cruising the streets and trails around town. ah! the wind in my face! the freedom! he he. i've got a BIG smile right now.

cheers!

No comments: