random picture

06 February 2008

everyone... meet amelia

i found her (actually, she found me) monday night after work. after closing at davinci's i went to o'rourke's and read the bible for a bit, played a game of pool, and chatted with my manager who was there unexpectedly. i came home after o'rourke's closed. when i got out of my car and began walking up the driveway to the door, i heard a meow. i saw a small, light colored kitty coming towards me, meowing some more - a friendly meow. she began rubbing up against my legs like cats do. i wasn't freaked out in the least as this kitty was not the least mangey looking or feral.

it was 1:30 in the morning and it is the middle of winter. a fellow employee told me that night that snow was expected all day tomorrow. the kitty didn't have a collar. i figured it was lost and i didn't want it to be outside in the cold, especially with the upcoming snow. so i let kitty inside our entry way and looked her over in the light. she was very clean and nicely mannered. no hissing. no biting. just a bit freaked out by sudden movements. poor thing! she was probably scared and missing her family. i also noticed she was declawed. she's obviously someone's cat then. i went in and brought out a can of tuna i had that i'll never eat and let the kitty eat that. she was soooooo hungry! she scarfed down a lot of it and did so very quickly. if cats could smile, i'm sure she did then for she seemed very thankful.

i decided to bring her inside the apartment as leaving her in the entry way felt weird to me. and what if the guy downstairs came out and saw her when he woke up the next morning? he'd probably shoo her back outside. i also was wondering how ben would take me bringing a kitty inside. so i put some water in a bowl, got the rest of the tuna, and put kitty in my room with me and closed the door. she explored my room for a while and then she hopped up on my bed and curled up next to me and slept there all night long. awwwwwww!

she's such a pretty cat. kind of a light tan color, faint stripes on her tail, a soothing purr, slender, and friendly. here's some pics of "milly". that's what i call her for short.



and when i sit down and get on the internet with my laptop, she hops onto my lap and lays there!



i'm going to call the paper and put a lost and found ad in today. she's a great kitty, but she needs to be with her family. if no one claims her, then i'll have to decide what to do. i would like to keep her though! :)

cheers!

No comments: