random picture

05 November 2007

scottieb and the strip club(s)

as a delivery driver for a restaurant, it's my job to get food to people who've called in and ordered it. i'd heard rumors of a certain delivery, and hoped i'd never have to do it. well, the time came... unfortunately.

my manager excitedly handed me a delivery. smiling, and a little laughing, he told me where i was going - the night before lounge. "crap!" i thought. this is going to suck. i really REALLY didn't want to go into a strip club. but it's my job and i have to do it. so, i make the food and bag it up. i was so distraught about having to go and not wanting to go. my manager laughs and jokes that i really like doing this. haha, not funny. i drive to the strip club, still consumed with the thoughts of not wanting to do this. i had pretty much worried myself sick about it and nearly threw up right outside the door. but i thought i'd be a man, go in there, keep in the right state of mind, do what i need to do, and leave.

it took a while for my eyes to adjust because it was really dark in there. i had to walk past some tables and chairs and empty poles to get to the bar. there were three or four men sitting at the bar. i pitied them greatly. there was a lady in stockings, nothing else, girating on the bar top. i could have went the entire day without seeing a naked set of breasts and would have been happy. but no. they were just there. "ugh! i didn't want to see those!" the bartender lady asked who the food was for. i told her it was for susan. she instantly got a confused look on her face. she told me, "i don't know the first names of the girls here". how sad is that! she paid me out of the cash register. i left as quick as i could.

now if you look back at the title of this post, you'll see it says strip club(s). plural. this is where the story turns a bit. and where my stomach did the exact same thing. upon returning to the restaurant, the phone rings. my manager answers. when he hangs up, he tells me that was the strip club. turns out i delivered to the wrong strip club. i guess i was so caught up in the grossness that i wasn't thinking clearly.

me jokingly: "silly me! not knowing the strip clubs in lincoln!"
me serious: "ugh! not only do i have to go BACK, i have to go to ANOTHER one!"

so i prepare some new food and head over to the night before lounge. this strip club is way bigger than the other one. there is a scantily clad lady picking songs on a jukebox to my right. straight ahead there are ladies dancing around poles in front of guys in the row closest the stage, aka the erection section (per the guy announcing). :ick: the bar is way down towards the back on the left. i stand there not wanting to get any closer to these naked ladies than i have to. i must have looked pretty dumb. lol! one of the strippers came up to me and gave me a wad of cash (all ones) and said i should go. as i'm stepping outside the club, an old manager of the restaurant drives by and notices me. this was mildy embarassing. but not as embarassing as when he later came in during a busy time and asked, rather loudly, how the strip club was.

i drove back to the other strip club, the foxy lady, and gave them back the money they'd given me. they wanted to return the food, but that seemed pretty pointless to me. i let her keep it. maybe she was hungry? and the delivery tag has listed what is on the food. i leave. whew! it's over!

not yet...

the very next day, i get a delivery to the foxy lady. my manager laughs. i get there, go inside. two strippers at the bar beckon me over to them. i walk past a naked lady on the bar top. again, didn't want to see things, but sometimes they are put right in front of you and you see them. apparently, the mix up from the day before was all the buzz at the club amongst the ladies working there. and also apparently, the ladies wanted to meet the tall delivery guy from the day before. they tried to strike up a conversation. i handled it masterfully, layed a little charm on them, gave myself a perfect exit, and said my goodbyes to them... leaving them hanging just a little bit. perhaps i'll run into them somewhere besides their work place and can talk to them.

to recap, in the course of two days, i entered strip clubs four times, saw way more naked ladies than i care to see, and now worry that i'll be called for deliveries in the future because the ladies at the foxy lady like me now. at least i didn't have to pull the tip money out of their breasts like one of the old delivery drivers had. that's good. i'd have let them keep it.

cheers . . ..

2 comments:

Avalon said...

Strippers need to eat too! We're only human!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.