random picture

26 November 2007

canned, let go, made redundant, axed... fired

i no longer work at the pita pit. my boss there was TERRIBLE, as a boss and as a person. long story short, i was 45 minutes late for a shift i didn't remember i was to work. i feel justin was awful quick to fire me and his reasoning was pretty un-legit. but hey. bad people are bad people and do bad things.

i've since gotten a job at davinci's doing deliveries. my friend tina works there and as i was telling her about the pita pit fiasco, she informed me davinci's was hiring. i filled out an application online and went into the store and they gave me a job right there. tina's a manager and she spoke very highly of me.

i'm having waaaaaaaaay more fun than i did at the pita pit. better work environment/conditions, better management, better hours, and better pay all are making the new job so fun! i was telling ben lastnight that delivery driving is like trick-or-treating. i show up at someone's door, ring the doorbell, and they give me money. it's awesome!

good things have come from getting away from the negativity and stress at the pita pit (all caused by said terrible boss justin). that stress and anxiety is gone, and i'm having fun at my job again. it's nice to see that things can be good even when you're in the thick of something really bad. i'm aware that god had a hand in this and though i should have left the pita pit earlier in search of better employment, god picked up my slack and helped me out. i attribute the new job to his working in my life. as always, he rules! weeeeeeeeeee!

cheers!

No comments: