random picture

01 November 2008

halloween 2008

this halloween i took off work and was planning to carve a special pumpkin for sarah (with i love you on it. i also wanted to get some flowers and a nice fall-ish scented candle to display with the pumpkin. all this was going to be placed on her porch so she'd she it when she came home from work at night. i thought it would be a nice way to surprise her. i was also going to show up in omaha early and have dinner with her parents.

the way the past two days have worked out, however, was nowhere near conducive for such a plan to be enacted. i won't go into detail but one of the wrenches in the gears was the conking out of my laptop. i did not make it to omaha last night but halloween turned out just fine. josh and i hung out together. it was really fun. we bought a pumpkin each for carving. i made some grilled sandwiches for dinner and then we started carving. we didn't finish until after midnight, technically not halloween any more. but who cares? we were excited to put them on the front porch. josh had to be at a medical study early in the morning at 5 so he and i stayed up the entire night. mostly, we watched videos on youtube. it was fun and we laughed so much.



cheers!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

hello! so, I'm arriving on the 14th November in the evening - Ben T has the details, and I'm leaving on the 21st in the morning. That's my plan. I don't yet know where I'm staying, and I don't yet know who I'm seeing when - although Crys & I are going to make that indian meal that we made last time I was over! Oh, & I promise, I'm in a much more mellow mood this time round!!! Would ADORE seeing you!

Megs