random picture

05 May 2008

straight from a, to z.

i treat people like i've known them for twenty years. someone beside me on the bus, a customer on a delivery, people at parties - you name it, there's no difference in how i treat them. today, i was thinking about the "twenty year comfort level" and how it affects the interactions i have with people. i see that i easily get to this level. it's natural to me. but i'm also seeing that i don't move from 1 to 2 to 3 (and so on) as effortlessly.

just something i'm thinking about.

cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting observation...I feel that I have a similar trait as well. I believe most people get thrown off by this trait because they have a difficult time comprehending why a stranger is treating them like a good friend. I suspect that most are highly suspicious of this kind of treatment but I don't concern myself because I know my intentions are good.

I like being friendly to complete strangers. I've met and had some amazing experiences because I broke the mold and dared to be friendly.

I like your personality because you dare to break the mold. So unless your personality is harmful to you or others than I say keep it up because there is only one ScottieB in this world and it would nice if he stayed unique.